Batch-bake this moist, spiced, nutty bread, then eat what you can for breakfast, brunch or tea and freeze the rest.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease and line two medium (or three small) loaf tins.
- Mash the bananas and vegetable oil together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the mashed banana mixture until well combined.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, ground spices and salt together in another bowl and lightly fold into the banana mixture. Add the raisins and pecans and fold together lightly.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the loaf tins and bake in the oven for 1½ hours, or until risen and golden-brown. Check after one hour and reduce the oven temperature slightly if the loaves are browning too quickly on the top, or cover the loaves loosely with aluminium foil.
- Leave the banana bread to cool in the tins, then turn out and serve in thick slices.