A healthy and delicious meal of steamed fish and vegetables.
Equipment and preparation: for this recipe you will need a two-tier bamboo steamer.
- For the pea purée
- Roll up each of the 12 plaice fillets and set aside.
- Fry the bacon rashers in a dry pan until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- For the pea purée, add the butter to the pan used to cooked the bacon. Heat until melted, then add the peas, parsley, 50ml/2fl oz water and double cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Warm through on a gentle heat and then transfer to a blender and pulse until you have a very smooth purée. Taste to check the seasoning and add more butter if desired.
- Put the new potatoes into the lower basket of a two-tier bamboo steamer set over a pan of boiling water. Steam for seven minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut out a circle of greaseproof paper to line the top basket of the bamboo steamer. Grease the paper with a little butter and line the basket of the bamboo steamer with it. Season the rolls of plaice with salt and pepper and place them on the paper.
- When the potatoes have been cooking for seven minutes, add to them the asparagus and peas in their pods and steam for a further 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Place the top basket containing the plaice on top of the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through (take care not to overcook them).
- To serve, toss the pea shoots in a little rapeseed oil and divide the plaice fillets between four serving plates. Add some pea purée, crisp bacon and steamed vegetables. Garnish with the dressed pea shoots.