The 21-year-old singer had to cancel the remaining US dates of her Bangerz tour when she suffered an allergic reaction to medication.
She told host Ryan Seacrest on his radio show: “I was on this medicine for five days – everything was all good – and on the sixth day, I just woke up and it was so scary. When you’re allergic to something, you’re basically poisoning yourself, so I had just basically been poisoning myself with something I didn’t know I was really scary allergic to.”
Miley was allowed to resume her tour after she spent a night in hospital, but was admitted when she fell ill again.
“It was insane. I was begging the doctors, ‘Let me out to go do the show!’ It was basically, ‘No way’. I never thought I was going to get stuck in there for as long as I did. I thought it was going to be a night and I was in there five or six days,” she admitted.
The We Can’t Stop pop star admitted she splashed out online including a pink mini-skirt because she was fed up of being in hospital.
“I was crying because I was so bored. I’m laying here hooked to all these machines. Every two hours, some woman comes in and pokes me with a needle, just miserable. There’s nothing to do,” she recalled.
“My sister got me a bunch of DVDs… She bought me Clueless and The Shining. They were both Blu-Ray… so I couldn’t watch that. I ended up doing way too much online shopping, and whatever they had me on to make me not in pain, I made some very questionable choices on what I bought.”
Miley has taken steps to avoid another allergic reaction.
“I’m doing good. I just have to be more careful and I’m trying to figure out how I can get a fashionable yet good ID bracelet so I can actually have something that says I am allergic to this medicine, because I can never get anything like this again,” she added.